Hazardous Area Certification
CE Marking Authority works in partnership with ExVeritas as a ‘Technical Associate’ to deliver UKCA Ex, ATEX and IECEx Certification offering customers the convenience of having multiple needs met in one location, instead of having to use several agencies. The CE Marking Authority can also audit on behalf of ExVeritas who can then issue necessary quality system certification for UKCA, ATEX, IECEx and even UKAS accredited ISO9001 upon satisfactory completion. ExVeritas is an approved UKCA body, an ATEX Notified Body and an IECEx Certification Body.
IECEx Making requirements
IECEx certification is a voluntary system which provides an internationally accepted means of proving compliance with IEC standards. IEC standards are used in many national approval schemes and as such, IECEx certification can be used to support national compliance, negating the need in most cases for additional testing therefore, making international trade easier, quicker and more cost effective.
The CE marking Authority can assess your product to the relevant standards, resulting in the compilation of an IECEx Test Report (ExTR) and IECEx Certificate of Conformity (CofC).
To enable the issue of an IECEx Certificate of Conformity. It is a mandatory requirement for manufacturers of IECEx certified equipment to have a documented quality assurance system in place for their products. For IECEx this is called a Quality Assessment Report (QAR). The manufacturer must ensure compliance with all requirements in IEC 80079-34 and have an ISO 9001 compliant Quality Management System. The IECEx QAR is issued with a three-year validity and published on www.iecex.com.
HOW WE CAN HELP:
Our customers contact us because they need help and advice on how to apply the UKCA or CE Mark to their products.
The CE Marking Authority has a positive attitude and approaches regulatory compliance by looking at the opportunities rather than seeing them as an inconvenience and meddling with your practices. We specialize in staying ahead of the game by using our technical knowledge (skills) conducting the necessary assessments to help our clients demonstrate their technical files meet the requirements of the regulations
Our expert team is here to help you meet the UKCA and CE Marking the requirements
• Free initial consultation to assess your requirements and plan the CE marking of your product.
• Identify the statutory instruments, the essential safety requirements, and harmonized standards, which apply to the product.
• Perform design risk assessments and clause by clause assessments against the designated standards
• Conduct a product compliance report to the applicable requirements outlining areas of non-compliance and advice on how to close out any gaps found.
• Assist in the compilation of the technical construction file, which contains the information required by the EU safety regulations.
• Provide a draft EU Declaration of Conformity and help you complete it.
• Offer follow up advice on changes in requirements for the life cycle of the product
• Act as your Authorised Representative in the UK or EU via or European office if required.
The many benefits of compliance range from brand and reputation, revenue enhancement, asset protection, higher profitability and lower costs, improved workforce performance, the provision of better data for better-made business decisions, and allows for a total harmonisation of your systems